Many people who enjoy tanning (indoor and out) are particularly cautious about added UV exposure on their face. For those relaxing poolside or at the beach, there are many sunblock products made specifically for the face containing stronger active ingredients for added protection from the sun. And, of course, there is always the option of wearing a hat.
Indoor tanning can present a unique challenge in that most customers are popping in to do their 10 – 20 minutes in the tanning bed/booth as part of a busy day packed with work, errands, and commitments. Women, in particular, do not have the time or inclination to remove or reapply makeup in this scenario. Many times, they will ask for an extra towel to cover their face for extra UV protection, to preserve their makeup, and/or to avoid having to apply lotion. Keep in mind, the lotions used in tanning salons are tan extenders or accelerators and are very effective for this use; but, would defeat the purpose of less UV exposure on the face.
According to industry data, a towel barely offers 10% UV protection. The Skin Cancer Foundation notes that the tighter the weave, the higher the SPF rating and, not surprisingly, the darker the fabric, the more effective it is in blocking UV rays. Gotcha Covered UV products offers a very effective solution with those two factors in mind.
5 REASONS YOU WILL WANT TO CONSIDER USING THE GOTCHA COVERED FACESAVER:
- Two-ply construction using Solarweave® – a sun protective fabric with a 50+ UPF rating.
- Carries the UV Block® Certification which guarantees the fabric has undergone extensive testing by the International UV Testing Laboratory.
- Contains Rigelene® boning (stay) which pulls the mask away from the face allowing easy breathing and maximum comfort.
- Alleviates the removal/reapplication of make-up before/after tanning session.
- Helps deter loss of elasticity of the skin and accelerated wrinkling which can result in overexposure to UV rays.
Visit our shop if you would like to order this product. Please note; however, that the Gotcha Covered Facesaver should never replace protective eyewear. It is the law to wear protective eyewear during your tanning sessions and we urge you to tan responsibly.
(Visit our shop for UV protection accessories specializing in face, hair, manicure, and pedicure preservation.)